Pages

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Chromatography

 Aim - To separate colours using the process of Chromatography 

Paper Chromatography Experiment  

Definition - Is a Method of separating out materials from a mixture 

Materials - 

1. Test Tub 

2. Water 

3. Paper 

4. Coloured Felts 

5. Test tube rake 

Process - 

Step 1 Make a mark on your paper 1 cm from the bottom 

Step 2  Make a dot on the mark 

Step 3 Fill the Test tube with water about 2cm 

Step 4  Put the paper in the water just a little bit under the dot 

Step 5 Then the Coloured Dot turns into a line 

Step 6 Tip the water out at the end 

End result photo - 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a questio