Pages

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Hands On Fire

 AIM - 

I want to SAFELY light my hands on fire

Before we do this activity safely  we need to be aware of the safety features.

Activity - In pairs you need to come up with a list of 5 items that need to be considered when doing this experiment

1. Safety glasses

2. Fire extinguisher

3. Long Hair tied up 

4.  Don't do any eating or drinking   

5. Take off any jewellery 

Instructions 

1. Collect your equipment.

2. Put Some Water into the tray.  

3. Squirt some  detergent into the water. 

4. Put on your safety glasses.

5. Tie up long hair. 

6. Take off any Jewellery.  

7. wet your hands wrists and arms.

8. Bubble the glass into the water. 

9. scoop the bubbles but not the water. 

10. Hold the bubbles in front of your face with your arms locked.


I felt nervous and scared and I saw flames on my hands! - and other people hands some flames were big and some flames were smaller i smelled the gas that was being put in the bubbles and I heard that flames when they started and the lighter being lit when I smelled my hands afterwards they smelled burnt but they were fine and with the fire my hands smelled a little hot 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a questio